Return and Warranty Policy
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs IF the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
Warranty on new products is Two years from purchase date, unless clearly stated on an item. For reconditioned products, warranty is 90 days from date of purchase. You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly.
This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days). If you need to return an item, simply submit your request at www.q-see.com/support and submit a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) request. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item(s).
At Q-See, seeing is believing. Our product warranty policy embodies our belief in the quality and value of our products. All of our products are backed by a conditional service warranty that covers all hardware for 24 months from the date of purchase. Our products also come with a free exchange policy that covers all manufacturing defects for one month from the date of purchase. Permanent software upgrading service is also provided free of charge, at www.Q-See.com/support. Be sure to keep your receipt, invoice, purchase order, or order confirmation. Store it in a safe place. You’ll need a copy as proof of purchase to obtain warranty service. Q-See warrants your product is free from defects in materials and workmanship, with the exceptions stated below. If your product is not operating properly due to a product defect, Q-See will repair or replace your product according to guidelines stated in the warranty policy.
Your warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Modification or alteration of hardware or software, including the removal of any Q-See logos or brand identification
- Cut or spliced cables/wires
- Products that have been painted
- Wires coated in insulation, caulk, or other materials
- Tampering or unauthorized repairs
- Unsuitable physical or operating environment, beyond product specifications
- Improper maintenance
- Incorrect power supplies being used with products
- Power fluctuations or surges – be sure to use a surge protector
- Failure caused by a non-Q-See product being used with your Q-See products
- Loss of data – please be sure to regularly back up any recorded data on your hard drive to a separate storage device, such as an external hard drive, thumb drive, or computer.
(I) Troubleshooting. Every product must be troubleshot prior to being approved for an RMA. Technical support must be given through an authorized Q-See technician. Refusal to troubleshoot will waive your ability for an advance replacement (if eligible).
(II) Proof of purchase. Every RMA submission must be submitted with a valid proof of purchase from the original point of purchase. Any RMA request without a valid proof of purchase will be handled as an out-of-warranty product under the guidelines below.
A VALID PROOF OF PURCHASE SHALL BE DEFINED AS A RECEIPT OR OTHER OFFICIAL DOCUMENT FROM THE ORIGINAL POINT OF PURCHASE THAT INDICATES THE LOCATION OF PURCHASE, DATE OF PURCHASE, AND SPECIFIC PRODUCT PURCHASE (NO EXCEPTIONS).
If the product is purchased from a third party vendor, the consumer must provide the original proof of purchase from the original purchaser in order to validate warranty. If an original proof of purchase from the original purchaser cannot be provided, the product will be treated as an out of warranty product regardless of date of final purchase.
Timeframe. Standard RMAs will processed within two (2) business days of arrival at the Q-See RMA facility.
Shipping method. All returned merchandise and exchanges will be shipped to and from Q-See using UPS ground unless otherwise selected. Shipments may take up to 5 business days depending on location.
- No credit card is required for a standard RMA unless you indicate you would like to purchase a shipping label or expediting shipping from Q-See.
- You will be responsible to ship the product back to Q-See at your own cost unless eligible for a prepaid shipping label from Q-See.
- You will be responsible for the safety and security of the package as indicated in the ‘shipment for repairs’ section in this policy.
- If tracking information cannot be provided, Q-See will not be responsible for lost or damaged items. Please retain your tracking information.
- Products will processed in our RMA lab in the order in which they are received.
- Products will be shipped out via the selected delivery method at the point of RMA submission. (ALL ITEMS ARE GROUND SHIPPED, UNLESS OTHER SPECIFIED IN THE RMA REQUEST.)
FAILURE TO FOLLOW PROPER RMA PROCEDURE
- Failure to follow the guidelines and procedures listed above may cause your RMA to be delayed.
- Q-See will not take responsibility for any RMA that does not follow the proper procedure and guidelines.
- You shall be responsible for the costs associated with any product that does not follow the proper guidelines and procedures that are listed above.